Saturday, April 11, 2009

Vanity Bag

This story belonged to my boro nani(eldest grandmom) who was the boro fupu(eldest aunty) of my mom. She was customs collector in ZIA international Airport and i was in class five. We went there to see off my mamoni(Khala) who was going to USA. We, three brothers have great intension to see the internal area of airport. The laws and regulations were too much strict in airport then. My mamoni(khala) said, "Well two persons can go inside with me". At once my brothers went to mamoni and hold the trolly of luggage as my mamoni hold it. They went inside. In the mean time boro nani was there. I asked my mom that i also want to go inside(coz i didn't want to get defeated by my brothers in this event...hahahahah). My mom asked me to go to boro nani. Boro nani said "bhaia, aso, tumare vanity bag banaya vitore niya jai.(Come here grandson and lets go inside)". Then she hold my hand and advanced to the gate. In the gate the security officer asked, "Mam, who is he?" Boro nani replied, "Eita amar vanity bag, airport er vitor ta dekhbe, tai niye aslam.(he is my vanity bag, wanna see inside area of airport.)" The officer understood and said, "Your grandson mam, right." Boro nani took me inside and i saw the different sections of airport first time in my life. Till today, whenever boro nani meets me in any family occasion, she just makes fun saying " kire vanity bag, dinkal kemon cholse?(Hello, vanity, how is going on?)".

No comments:

Post a Comment